Does war lead to hunger? Or does hunger lead to war?
Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough to eat – many of them as a consequence of war or armed conflict. Countries with the highest hunger levels tend to be those engaged in or recently emerged from war. This year’s Global Hunger Index explores the interrelationship between war and hunger – and we would like you to add your voice.
Write a blog on the topic, let us know about it, and we will add your piece to our link compilation.
Blogathon: Call for submissions – who can take part?
Have you worked in war zones? Are you a human rights activist? Do you work with refugees, or have you had to leave your home country due to armed conflict yourself? Are you a scientist conducting research in the area?
We can’t wait to read your contributions. However, we don’t want to limit the participants to experts. If you are a blogger and are interested in the topic, get involved.
How to take part
- Write your article on the topic “war and hunger“ and publish it on your blog.
- Link back to this page, our blog, or one of our partner organisations: IFPRI or Welthungerhilfe.
Drop us a quick email to notify us about your blog: contentteamATconcernDOTnet. We check all submissions to make sure they are not against our netiquette. We welcome a broad range of opinions, but will not tolerate any form of offensive, discriminatory, sexist or racist content.
- Share your article on your social media channels using the hashtag #GHI2015.
- We will compile all submitted articles and link back to your posts from our blogs.
Here are some of our favourite blog contributions to date for some inspiration.
- "Famines are man-made disasters". Executive director of the World Peace Foundation, Alex de Waal contributes to Welthungerhilfe's blog.
- Hack hunger with data – Madolyn Smith writes for Data Driven Journalism.
Read more about #GHI2015
- Global Hunger Index: Mapping the world's hunger
- Download the report and case studies
- Welhungerhilfe blog: Armed Conflict and Hunger
- Consequences of conflict: coping with hunger in South Sudan
- Watch: Global Hunger Index: A Decade of Measuring Hunger
Keep in touch
Find out more about this, and our other work, by receiving email updates.